Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

few more cam questions, overlap and lift...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default few more cam questions, overlap and lift...

first of all, anyone know who i can talk to that will beable to help me pick a good cam for my car? which of the sponsors is best when it comes to cams?

ok ive been reading on over lap, how its calculated and stuff, waht is a good over lap to look for? the car is gonna be driven around town, i can get the emissons to pass its obd 2 testing. i want an agressive idle but nothing too rough where im gonna eat up a lotta gas. i just want some more mid range power around town.

also lift, what is a good lift to run whre i dont have to run dual springs and not have to worry about breaking them and replacing them and what not.

stock heads, ls6 intake, lt headers, stock cubes. just trying to narrow it down i know its been asked a lot but there is a lot i read and im still confused on these things
Old 07-03-2004, 08:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk to Futral Motor Sports>>>> I dont know of a disatisfied customer yet!!! I have an F11 that was tuned by Alan and I smile everytime I drive it, I have also been certified to do ET in Ga for the last 6 years and this cam with tuning will pass OBDII no problem.