Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls6

Old 07-15-2004, 12:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls6

Hello I'm new to this forum.

From what I heard, LS6 engine can not withstand high HP 700 HP +. So my question is, what type of parts must be changed in LS6 in order for it to withstand high hp output?

Thanks

Last edited by Omega-Red; 07-15-2004 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Omega-Red
Hello I'm new to this forum.

From what I heard, LS6 engine can not withstand high HP 700 HP +. So my question is, what type of parts must be changed in LS6 in order for it to withstand high hp output?

Thanks
Well LSx Motors can and will. Lots of guys on here running 500 rwhp on motor, then a shot of nitrous. Internals wont handle it. but the block will.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Teching In

The reason I ask this question is because I want to turn my Z06 into a high speed machine. This is going to sound very ambitious, but I want to get 1500rwhp out of my Z06. Now I'm aware that this has a lot of engineering implications, such as traction to name just one of many but I'm willing to overcome the obstacles.

Of course, to run such bhp, the whole engine has to be replaced with completely new parts. The engine will run twin turbos, after being uprated with new engine parts. The question is, and you'll see the relevance of the question in the opening post, what parts do I need? It's no longer a question of stock tolerances.

For example, and this is a major question, should I use an iron block, C5R engine from katech or moreperformanceinc, or use an Agostino Racing Engine. All work will be done myself as well.

Because I'm going to use twin turbos to achieved such high amounts of power, I was slightly confused abou where to post - here, or forced induction?

Search this Thread