Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick question about LS6 PVC conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 12:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default quick question about LS6 PVC conversion

I am converting the LS1 I have to a LS6 PCV system. Well, the guys that had the motor sitting in the shop sat the intake on the coolent vent tube breaking the spot weld. Figured just replace it. Well, I read on LS1howto.com that you can't use a LS1 coolant tube with the LS6 PCV conversion. The site didn't say so I'm gonna ask will a LS6 coolant vent tube fit underneath a LS1 intake manifold. I don't want to swap out the intake just yet, (using a C5 LS1 intake for the moment just to get the project up and running). Thanks for your help.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kossuth
I am converting the LS1 I have to a LS6 PCV system. Well, the guys that had the motor sitting in the shop sat the intake on the coolent vent tube breaking the spot weld. Figured just replace it. Well, I read on LS1howto.com that you can't use a LS1 coolant tube with the LS6 PCV conversion. The site didn't say so I'm gonna ask will a LS6 coolant vent tube fit underneath a LS1 intake manifold. I don't want to swap out the intake just yet, (using a C5 LS1 intake for the moment just to get the project up and running). Thanks for your help.
The LS6 coolant vent tube doesn't go under the manifold at all. It consists of two plugs for the rear holes in the heads, and a cross-tube for the front that has a 2-3" tee with rubber hose for connecting to the throttle body. you can convert to the LS6 coolant pieces before the manifold swap.