Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jesel SS adjustables or Crane gold

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 06:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jesel SS adjustables or Crane gold

After all the searching, I've come down to these two. I am leaning toward the Jesel rocker because it is shaft mounted. Any reason to pick Crane over Jesel? Price is about the same.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Crane fit under the stock valve covers and save the cost of valve cover spacers. They have specially designed needle bearings to minimize the "sewing machine noise" so as not to cause false knock retard. They have a special "accelerated lift" geometry of the body design so 1.7 rockers start the valves opening at 1.79 and then the ratio decreases to 1.72 by .250 valve lift. The 1.72 ratio is maintained till the valve gets to within .250 of going back on the seat at which time the ratio increases back to 1.79. The 1.8s work the same way. This increases flow into the cylinder earlier and keeps it flowing later on into the valve event. This causes more duration at .200 valve lift while maintaining relatively shorter seat to seat timing. That facilitates tuning. Shaft mounts only add stability to the valve train when spring open pressures exceed 500#. In the long run, the Cranes will be easier to install, cheaper and give more performance than the Jesels (unless you are running more than 500# open pressure on the springs!). Check out Vinci High Performance in Orlando, they have a special price on them, I think. They are a sponsor on this site. Good Luck!