Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well you guys were right!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 01:24 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Well you guys were right!

I have a cam heads blower setup and I was having some crank case presure issues at hight RPM's. SJH (Forced induction section) and a couple of others guessed a piston issue. I was reluctant to hear it with maybe 40-50 miles on the whole setup, but after going to MTI I talked with Jayson who by the way is the greatest guy to deal with and will go the extra mile to help you out whitch he did! On the dyno it was way down on power from our first session(Whitch I knew) and was running 10 on the A/F so after he leaned it out it still only put like 460? I was told to the ground that is still over a 115hp down from my first tune. It was cutting out in the upper RPM's he frist thought spark plugs but I had just changed them and then he pulled the oil fill cap and there it was staring us in the face a choo choo train. I guess when the first supercharger locked up I hurt something. I am not happy but it is the price we pay for playing I am going to put new forged piston and go down the road now. Just thought you might like to hear about someone elses bad luck. LOL! I just want to Thanks MTI and Jayaon again! The whole team over there is top notch and still first on my list if I ever have someone work on my car for me! Sorry So long.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:26 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Sucks to hear that, I was hoping it was just your fuel system as we talked about it on Saturday. But, with those forged pistons you can put that smaller pulley on now

But, at least the car looks purty
Old 07-26-2004, 02:00 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Yeah I am not that mad just have to come up with a little money. And yes then that 2.5" pulley is going on although I don't need it it just spins the tires as it is LOL!
Old 07-26-2004, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, you blew it up before i even got to ride in it! let me know when you are going to pull the motor. i'll give you a hand if i'm back in town by then. sry to hear about your situation, but i see huge clouds of tire smoke in the near future for "ugly orange". haha, see you later man.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:18 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Jordan,
Don't worry I'll call you to give me a hand. I am not sure when I am going to pull it I am just waithing on some cash for the parts I need etc...
Jeff