Sponsored by:

Car shakes really bad at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 06:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car shakes really bad at WOT

Ok, this JUST started happening today.
Every time i go to a higher gear, only on the up shift, the car studders what feels like a miss, but the stick shift shakes left to right pretty violently. It never used to do this until today. I thought it was the trans mount, but I haven't heard any banging underneath. Even if i go from first to second, the car shudders back and forth, after a few seconds it seems to stop once in gear, but then I hit third and it'll do it again, and when I hit 6th, it does it pretty bad. This is all under normal driving, not even WOT. When I go from 1 to 2 under WOT the car does not feel right, I have no clue as to what is going on!?!?! There are no codes, and nothing is ticking, squeeking, banging, just the shifter/engine/trans is shaking violently in lower rpm's in every gear from left to right several times. Also the odometer starts to flicker really bad when the car starts shaking , it only does it in the low rpms

What could this be?!
Old 08-06-2004, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

nub question = whats WOT?

Last edited by ls1hybrid; 08-06-2004 at 08:12 AM. Reason: forgot smilie
Old 08-06-2004, 08:17 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sudz
Ok, this JUST started happening today.
Every time i go to a higher gear, only on the up shift, the car studders what feels like a miss, but the stick shift shakes left to right pretty violently. It never used to do this until today. I thought it was the trans mount, but I haven't heard any banging underneath. Even if i go from first to second, the car shudders back and forth, after a few seconds it seems to stop once in gear, but then I hit third and it'll do it again, and when I hit 6th, it does it pretty bad. This is all under normal driving, not even WOT. When I go from 1 to 2 under WOT the car does not feel right, I have no clue as to what is going on!?!?! There are no codes, and nothing is ticking, squeeking, banging, just the shifter/engine/trans is shaking violently in lower rpm's in every gear from left to right several times. Also the odometer starts to flicker really bad when the car starts shaking , it only does it in the low rpms

What could this be?!
Do you have a front sway baR?
Old 08-06-2004, 08:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1hybrid
nub question = whats WOT?
Wide Open Throttle
Old 08-06-2004, 11:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

sounds like u have an engine miss or fuel problem u need a scan tool to read your fuel trim and o2 sensors also make quik checks by looking for unplugged connecters to engine sensors. try unpluging your maff and drive it see if it goes away.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:16 PM
Launching!

no i dont have a front sway bar, im gona crawl under it see if i can see anything wrong with the o2 sensors, i just changed the plugs like 3months ago too so cant be them,

anyone have any other ideas what this might be

Quick Reply: Car shakes really bad at WOT