Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing a JWIS Double Roller

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installing a JWIS Double Roller

Just about to go down this route when I realized I don't have a damn clue how to do it. I do have an ASP pulley waiting to go on as well.

It says it comes with 3mm spacers. I don't see the spacers. I have 4 bolts, 4 washers a cam gear, crank gear and a chain along with 2 random pieces of metal which I assume are the "keys" I see mentioned when searching.

I need some pictures of WTF I'm supposed to do.

1. Pul the oil pump (via LS1HowTo)
2. Pull the old crank gear somehow (with a 3 jaw converted to a 2 jaw?? search answer)
3. What next.... how do you go dot to dot when both dots are off the car??

my cam has 2 degrees built in so I want my chain degreed straight up (no advance or retard)

anyone got some pics or a URL they'd like to share?
Old 08-23-2004, 08:57 AM
TECH Addict

Do the two pieces or random metal have 3 holes in them? If so, they should be your spacers for the oil pump. You are going to put these spacers between your block and the oil pump, to space it out enough for your new double roller chain.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Stop the engine dot to dot during removal.
Mark the crank position relative to the block (in case it moves while removing the crank gear. (I use white paint, tiny brush)
Install crank gear realining with your marks (Now your crank gear should be dot up)
Install chain and Cam gear dot at six o'clock straight with crank gear.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

thanks again... and I just found how to get the crank sprocket off and the new one on.... using the 3/2 jaw puller to get it off and then the new one goes on and is tapped into place with the old sprocket.

I wish someone would have reminded me to unlock the engine (aka take it out of 4th) when I was trying to get my crank dot straight up. I turned the bolt a bit and knew something had to be wrong and then remembered to put it in neutral...

I'm sitting there now with pistons 1-6 at TDC and hopefully tomorrow night I'll get the new chain and oil pump on.

I am not sure I wanted to learn this much about my car.... Damn I got ziplocks full of bolts and crap all over a few tables in the garage with post-its in them or I'd be F'ed
Old 08-24-2004, 04:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome to the Dark Side