Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help-low Oil Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 01:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help-low Oil Pressure

Well first my car 99 z28 went into a transmission shop to have clutch fixed in So Cal. I lived in Nor cal and had to leave the car there so i wouldnt miss so much work. Well the transmission got fixed and then they didnt work on it for 3 weeks for bullshit reasons.

So when it was done and started up the oil pressure didnt go up at all. Got an oil pump from a fellow techer here. Now the oil goes up to about 20 but when put on the freeway the oil pressure drops completely. I assume that the pump I got was bad, but that doesnt make sense. Why would the oil pressure go up when cold but completely down when hot to the point where you can hear knocking in the motor from no oil pressure.

I am going to replace the pump valve spring but what else do you think it might be. Could they have shorted something out

Help im losing too much time and money. Throw me any ideas
Old 08-23-2004, 01:31 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you did install a new o-ring correct and made sure it was seated on the pump securily? also might want to check out Fireballs thread on oil pressure and clearances, its in the internal forum.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would also check to make sure the tranny shop did not crack or break the oil pressure sending unit.