Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some HELP please...Car idleing weird

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some HELP please...Car idleing weird

I posted this question a few days ago but I cant seem to resolve this problem I am having with my 99 SS M6. I changed the t-stat to a 160 and ever since then, when the car is cold and only cold, I start it and it idle goes up and down, and the temp gauge flickers. Once the car is warmed up to normal temp it's fine.

I had removed the egr and air and turned off all those codes, also turned off the codes for the 02's and changed the fan temps using ls1edit. I just re-programmed the car back to normal and its still doing it. I also changed the coolant sensor in the drivers side head. I thought this is far fetched, but I changed the tranny mount to a poly one.

Does anyone have any thoughts that could help me?? Could the computer gone bad??? The temp gauge never used to flicker up and down before the stat. I also checked all the plugs, the air box one, maf, the 2 on the throttle body. Any ideads please????? thanks
Old 03-28-2003, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Need some HELP please...Car idleing weird

Try putting the old stat back in, then go from there. I dont know what else it could be, its not like its brain surgeory to change a stat.\
So i would be as dumbfounded as you

Good luck.
Old 03-28-2003, 06:28 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

That's pretty strange... I can't see how the pcm's cold start program ONLY would be corrupted do you?

I lean toward it being a sensor or a vacuum leak or something like that... If any of your coolant sensors are fubar'd the car will run funny.
Old 03-28-2003, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Pro Stock John:
<strong>
I lean toward it being a sensor or a vacuum leak or something like that... If any of your coolant sensors are fubar'd the car will run funny. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How many temp sensors are there? And can you tell me where they are? And what other sensor could there be?