Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

comp cam pro mag rocker arm issue

Old 08-24-2004, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default comp cam pro mag rocker arm issue

Just a heads up for those who don't know comp cams pro magnum rocker arms do not clear the drivers side valve cover on center bolt covers.This is
not mentioned in their catalog and no instructions come with the rocker arms.
The valve cover needs to have the sheild removed from the inside and the boss ground down that mounts the sheild. This is not a big deal just a horseshit surprise.Comp cams is aware of this issue and choses to keep it quiet ,probably so as to not scare off any sales.Other than that it's nice to be able to adjust preload accuratly.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I knew that....Lots of things Comp doesn't tell you. Shaft mounted were the same thing.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

I know this is an old post but I'm having trouble with my rocker arm install. I've removed the cover and did the grinding as mentioned above and I'm still having clearance issues. The locks are hitting the top of the driver side valve cover and the rockers on the passenger side are rubbing against the valve cover baffles, any ideas?
Old 02-02-2005, 08:45 PM
10 Second Club

my VHP/Crane rockers do not have that problem and are adjustable. but the only thing i can say to do is get the valve covers risers. the comp pro mags are good rockers i had a set on my 383 in my old 86 ta.

Search this Thread