Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which cam degree wheel and adj. sproket?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which cam degree wheel and adj. sproket?

I was searching this forum, and noticed one or two people said an ordinary cam degree wheel will not fit on a LS1. One guy said he made his own. Do any sponsors sell a smaller wheel (or preferably a whole degreeing kit) that will work?

How about the sprocket, can anyone suggest a good one that will work with the stock chain? I see some spocket "sets" that come with their own chain, but I'd rather stick with the more proven GM chain.

I am probably going to get an ASA cam from GMPartsDirect. Does anyone know if I will get a cam card with this? I need to know the exact valve events to degree properly, and I don't even know the total duration or ICL of the cam.

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:21 PM
wrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a monroso wheel to degree LS1's . I made a special crank bolt that puts the wheel out in front of the accesory brackets. Basiclly welded a bolt on top of an old crank bolt. Then affix the wheel on with 2 nuts to the added bolt.
Dont know of any adjustable sproket or set that will work with a stock timing chain.
Why not go with a double roller, everyone here has had good luck with them. It was the stockers w/ a cam that can be a problem.
Ask if it comes w/a card,they should.