Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cost of new short block vs. using mine??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cost of new short block vs. using mine??

I see some reasonable prices starting to pop up for assembled short blocks here and there. (I assume because there are more shops out there doing it). I`m trying to get a plan/budget together for this winters mod-a-thon and was thinking about having my block rebuilt with some forged pistons using the stock rods (w/ARP bolts) and stock crank, and of course the normal balance & blueprinting and what not. (In other words no core exchange.) I`ve got a call into a local shop but he hasn`t got back with me yet so I figured I`d ask around here about what you guys think would be the best way to go from a cost stand point. Have the work done using my stock block, crank & rods or use my stocker as a core and pick up one of these "Cheap Street" or "Budget" short blocks? And just for the record, I`ve been bitten by the Nitrous bug and plan on running a Direct Port kit next season. Nothing crazy, just like a 100 shot on a progressive timer, hence the reason for wanting to go with the forged slugs. With a baby due in March, won`t have the cash for a full out forged lower end.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give us a call we have a few different options that will work for your application.

*with the holiday weekend we will be out of the office until 8am Tuesday Morning*