Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts in the Garage

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts in the Garage

Hey guys want a few opinions from all of you. Just got a real nice raise at work and have a complete top end left over from my 382 I had built and now with my raise i won't have to sell it so its going on my 98Z, my biggest concern is whether or not I should bumped up my fuel system, I know better safe then sorry, but just curious to what Extent I might want to do it, All the parts are already in my possesion but I want to get some more info on the fuel system before i start the project, The setup is as follows:
MTI Stage 2R heads
MTI Z1 Cam
Port LS6 oil pump
Rollmaster Timing Chain
Comp R lifters
Comp Hi-tech pushrods
Jesel Shaft Mount 1.75's
LSX intake
MTI billet throttle body
FLP headers/y
GMMG (still gotta pick this one up)
and all the normal bolt-ons

so maybe at most 30lbs SVO's and a 255lph or should i be okay with stock
Thanks
Old 09-06-2004, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

hmm really you should be ok with just the stock fuel system with that setup. if you're worried you can do the racetronix plug-n-play system just for extra peace of mind. shouldn't need the svo injectors, especially since its going on a '98, they had 28.8# injectors to begin with.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

I was thinking the same thing with having the 28.8 injectors, but then on the other hand the piece of mind thing is always nice. I'm hoping/thinking 425rwhp is not out of the question and i have been under the assumption a stock fuel system can handle that. oh how i wish now i didn't sell the shortblock ummm billet lol