Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this cam package right for me?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 11:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is this cam package right for me?

[img]www.cybergrounds.com/Slide4.JPG[/img]

[img]www.cybergrounds.com/Slide5.JPG[/img]

" Cam is a Comp custom grind 224/228 .581 lift 114 LSA

Springs are Manley double springs good to .650 lift and have the matched Titanium retainers, hardened springs seats and locks included

Pushrods are Comp chromoly hardened 7.4"

Oil pump is ported LS1 oil pump

Is this right for my setup? I am going to be going with a Yank SS3600 or 3800 beforehand and probably LT headers soon after. I have 3.73 gears, lid, electric cutout, and a predator tune...

Will I need to have this proffessionally tuned or what? Blackout@cybergrounds.com or PM me please, I dont know what i am getting myself into. I run 13.0 in the 1/4 and I would like to run low 12's. Thanks! Just let me know if this is too much cam, and how much I should spend on it.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Staging Lane

headers first , then cam , and then a custom tune

some people are happy with the tune you can get from predator but you won't get the most from the cam unless you use something like edit or HPtuner ..

The good news is Predator can be flashed back , so you can re-sell your Predator
Old 09-07-2004, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you do the cam, + headers and stall, you'll be way way way into the 12's. I'm not a huge drag racer, but I'd wager 11's are in your future. That cam will require tuning BTW.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

My car went from 13.2 to 12.5 with a tune and SS3800 stall.

If your sure your gonna do these mods, do them all at the same time because it'll save you on tuning....instead of tuning 3 times, you could do it all at once....You could probably get by for a little while without a tune on headers and a stall, but it is highly recommended. The cam is a must in most cases to have tuned
Old 09-07-2004, 09:56 PM
3c2
Teching In

Definately not too much cam. This is the EGDE of streetability but many people drive larger ones so who am I to say. I have a cam very similar and it makes great power and is very driveable (with good tune). My car kept stalling at stop signs if it wasn't warmed up, but now that I have the tune worked out it drives like a champ and I don't even look at the RPM's any more when I come to a stop. It doesn't lope the way I would have imagined but it's noticeable. It will work good with stock manifolds due to the longer exhaust duration but it will shine once you get headers. You will need a stall for this I believe but I'm not sure because I have a manual. All in all this is a great cam if you want a max power daily driver that won't scare the neighbors in the morning but will run 11's.