Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Change question...from the top of the motor

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Install Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow Oil Change question...from the top of the motor

Check out this DIY Mercedes site. http://www.slk32.com/pages/oilchange/oilchange.html

Have you ever seen such a device before?

Maybe if GM would stick our oil filters up top, I would do this on my Z.

Eric Barger
www.installuniversity.com
Old 09-13-2004, 04:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used pumps like that before and sometimes it just turns into a big hassle. they work great when they are brand new, but after a while you have to constantly change the orings because you lose suction power. and looks like that pump aint even big enough to hold all of that benz's oil. so, now you gotta stop half way through and empty it out. plus, there has to be dirt particles left at the bottom of the pan when your done. As for the canister filter, I'm not a big fan of those either. the car in the link is probably one of the easiest mercedes filters to get to. most of them involve disassembling most of the plastic parts that surround the motor or make up the air induction. there is even one model that i've had to pull back the block a half inch or so with a pry bar just to get the filter cap on.

sorry, I'm done ranting now. you just took me back to the days of when I used to change oil.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a suction pump deal like that to change the oil on my boat, it's horrible. it takes forever and barely gets out 3/4 of the old oil. i've heard rumors about oil change companies back in thr day using systems like that for speed with disasterous results,