Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will it run sensorless????

Old 09-20-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default will it run sensorless????

well dammit, i have been pumped up and pumped up about getting my car together.. i FIANLLY get ready to go and then i remember i need a coolant temp sensor...so i stroll down to the parts store..long story short NO one has one..should have known since its a 98 everythings different..i swear i am going to sell it..i get so pissed when i go to get simple stuff and theyre like ..nope dont have it for a 98, got it for a 99 though...happens all the time.. so my question is..can i just plug the port off in the head with a pipe plug and start the motor? keep in mind i just want to start it up and check for leaks and such, it WILL never leave the ramps..will it even fire? like i said just wanted to check for leaks and such since i got to order a new sensor anyways..figured id go ahead and heat cylce my arp's and flush the oil and get everything ready for when i get the sensor...shouldnt it just idle funny and throw a code? its the three wire sensor (98) not the 2 wire..
Old 09-20-2004, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone,anyone..bueler
Old 09-20-2004, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, my experience with this isn't on an ls1 but with a 5.0 sn95 (roomates). it has major issues with holding any sort of idle when he tried to rig up a false sensor. it will fire however, but ran horribly

i would probably wait and get a sensor, don't wanna mess something up because of something so small.

besides, it'll probalby just take the parts store a day to get it. all the little stuff is allways what holds up my projects
Old 09-20-2004, 02:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by KGSloan
i would probably wait and get a sensor, don't wanna mess something up because of something so small.
to quote jrp..... like a muthafucka

why risk a motor that runs a few grand....over a senser that costs a few dollars, and a days wait?
Old 09-20-2004, 04:22 PM
TECH Addict

Cool

Not much I can add to the good advice, just that I think of stuff like that as just "part of the install." There always seems to be something, but paying attention to and finishing all the details makes for a job well done. Sometimes "patience" is your best friend.

Search this Thread