Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF should i do.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF should i do.

so, basically my engine was really low on oil. one of the worst things that could happen. Now its makin knocking noises and is basically f.u.b.a.r. My mechanically inclined buddy checked the oil and there was metal in it. Now i have the choice of rebuilding or swapping. i think the block is still good. I dont really wanna rebuild the 350, because whenever something breaks on my car i usually upgrade. so to benefit from my parents wallet i want to stroke it to a 383 or such. But i want to be cost effective here so i want to know how i can get away spending 3000. the funny thing is a saw a zo6 motor on here for 3500 with 5k on it. and whats weird is he lives the 4 miles away from me. so i have options here but i need to know what YOU would do here.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

z06 motor isn't anything special, except you get the LS6 heads and bigger cam/better valvetrain then ls1. if you really want a stroker, you're much better off building that with your stock block if its still good(to try and stay w/in budget). i don't think you'll pull off 3000, but 3500 is possible. give some of the sponsers a call, for the most part they build excellent motors. HPE, APE, MTI, racetech, tsp just a few. call and talk to them about your goals/budget and they'll tell ya what they can do for ya. you'll prolly be lookin at eagle components for the most part, that will help out with your budget. whatever you do, just make sure you forge/arp stud it this time around, otherwise its a waste of time/money/effort.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Thanks or the reply. i can get the work done for dirty cheap. the most important thing is gettin a deal on the parts.