Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PP heads droped valve pictures inside

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PP heads droped valve pictures inside

well here they are you can easly see that the valve stem in still in the head with spring and retainers still intact

http://www.fandsracing.com/Dsc01631.jpg
http://www.fandsracing.com/Dsc01632.jpg
http://www.fandsracing.com/Dsc01633.jpg
http://www.fandsracing.com/Dsc01634.jpg
http://www.fandsracing.com/Dsc01635.jpg
http://www.fandsracing.com/Dsc01636.jpg
Old 09-21-2004, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Son Of A B-tch ! Not Cool . That makes me Sick .
Old 09-21-2004, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

nope not cool at all it trashed most every thing that motor had maybe 30 miles on it that what you get with 2 dollar valves made in zimbobway or some ****
Old 09-21-2004, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

makes me worry so much
Old 09-21-2004, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Holy **** dude that ******* suck. I would ask PP to pay for the hole thing. Did you put the vavles in or did they. If they did they are responsible for checking and inspecting the vavle for anykind of defects.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:17 PM
TECH Veteran

.......yet another example of Patriots quality.......

seriously though.....sorry to hear/see this happened to you
Old 09-21-2004, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn........ makes me think................ with all these problems latley from patriot does anyone know if a valve is a valve and if i can just order another set of valves for $200 from someone like APE or Thunder and just replace them before mine crap out of my $5k shortblock........???????????????????
Old 09-21-2004, 09:23 PM
TECH Junkie

you gotta make sure the valve seats the same so the design would have to be the same I would think. doesn't pp use manley or ferrera valves though? Maybe that valve was a stocker cause those get pressed together I think.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:26 PM
11 Second Club

* I want to make a disclaimer here... The first set of patriot heads I had.. the valves failed in them. The ends were soft and they "Mushroomed". You can do a search under my username and find where I had that trouble. EVERY set of heads that I ran after that, I insisted that REV, or Ferrera valves were installed in my heads. There have been SEVERAL people PM'ing me asking if I've had a failure with the patriot heads I've ran in the past. I DID have a valve (several of them) fail on the first set, after that I used a quality valve (non patriot brand) in my other heads. This is firsthand information from MY car and the heads that I ran on them. I wouldn't install the "patriot" brand valves in my lawn mower and I HATE mowing grass. I've installed probably 25 or 30 sets of patriot heads on cars locally.. and I made DAMN sure that they had the "upgraded" valve option.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Im not sure what brand valve they use..... i heard they use a $2 valve...... but his heads **** the bead in 30 miles and mine ran for 700 miles on my other motor and 2400 miles so far on this new APE motor on boost......... I think for my peace of mind ill be selling these heads and going with a set of APE race heads so i can sleep at night..... at least they have a warranty.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Damn........ makes me think................ with all these problems latley from patriot does anyone know if a valve is a valve and if i can just order another set of valves for $200 from someone like APE or Thunder and just replace them before mine crap out of my $5k shortblock........???????????????????

Not sure whos valves PP uses but if you get new ones just becareful because one shops 3 angle valve job isnt always exactly the same as another shops.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gomer
* I want to make a disclaimer here... The first set of patriot heads I had.. the valves failed in them. The ends were soft and they "Mushroomed". You can do a search under my username and find where I had that trouble. EVERY set of heads that I ran after that, I insisted that REV, or Ferrera valves were installed in my heads. There have been SEVERAL people PM'ing me asking if I've had a failure with the patriot heads I've ran in the past. I DID have a valve (several of them) fail on the first set, after that I used a quality valve (non patriot brand) in my other heads. This is firsthand information from MY car and the heads that I ran on them. I wouldn't install the "patriot" brand valves in my lawn mower and I HATE mowing grass. I've installed probably 25 or 30 sets of patriot heads on cars locally.. and I made DAMN sure that they had the "upgraded" valve option.

Well thanks for telling us all AFTER the fact *******............. push there **** and then as soon as u ............. what the hell its not even worth saying........
Old 09-21-2004, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

Well thanks for telling us all AFTER the fact *******............. push there **** and then as soon as u ............. what the hell its not even worth saying........
I've ALWAYS said that I had that inital failure. Search my posts. Ask anyone that I've PERSONALLY recommended heads to and they'll tell you that I said to buy the upgraded valves. Don't start some stupid bashing **** on me. I've been fucked by them too. I've not gotten one damn cent for having to pull my heads that first time. I stuck it out with Terry because I knew he was trying to make a quality head... when he had enough and told Hugh to **** off.. I wasn't going to stay on a sinking ship. I've never mislead anyone, it's went to **** over there now and I'm saying it now. If you have some problems with something I've done in the past PM me or email me, I'll gladly address your ***.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

hey nasty why not try a set of those afrs hehehee, might be able to kick up the boost a little bit more with those bad boys. If Patriot does not use the good vavles I would switch them out before its too late. Nothing like swapping shortblocks to ruin 6 months of your life.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000TAguy
nope not cool at all it trashed most every thing that motor had maybe 30 miles on it that what you get with 2 dollar valves made in zimbobway or some ****
I am not standing up for Patriot in anyway but in a previous post, you said it happened at 6500rpm in the burnout box. In reply # 7 of this post. https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/218055-patriot-heads.html

I am not the smartest car guy around but isn't 30 miles, 6500 rpms and a burnout box a bad combination on a new motor or head springs?

I am not trying to offend you just asking, don't take this the wrong way...

Them pics are nasty....thinking about pulling mine off this winter..
Old 09-21-2004, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

nice catch speedo, i was wondering the same thing
Old 09-21-2004, 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WinMan
nice catch speedo, i was wondering the same thing
Plus I found this thread about the pipe cleaners in the push rods... On a solid motor set up....Still the same set up 2000TAguy?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/218054-no-oil-preasure.html
Old 09-21-2004, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike K.
hey nasty why not try a set of those afrs hehehee, might be able to kick up the boost a little bit more with those bad boys. If Patriot does not use the good vavles I would switch them out before its too late. Nothing like swapping shortblocks to ruin 6 months of your life.

ha ha (laughs inside)........... man..... it isnt as fun taking it out as it is going in........... It just really bothers me that people who pimped these products from day one and all along the products that were used (Terry) and still let them be sold to people who worked so very hard for there money................ We will see what i do..... man i might park the car and let it sit till Jan. until tax return time comes and get a new set.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:51 PM
TECH Veteran

dude...thats not needed.......

Patriot has just had too many problems that I won't have anything to do with them (wouldn't use them as paper weights or door stops)......

first it was valves, then valve springs and retainers, and finally valve seats that were over cut and could fall out........

unfortunately I know why people still use them.......like any product there are those who do too much "bad mouthing" and it comes off as ranting and then those who are so devoted to a company that they will push to have the "bad feelings" covered up......then add in that because they are built cheap they can be sold cheap so there will always be people who try to "save a buck".......
Old 09-21-2004, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

i put the motor in and ran it at cruise week at the beach then track passes i had about 10or 12 passes on it when it happened
the car does not get street driven normaily

beside it is built with good parts and put together right you really do not need much time on a motor to run it hard a few heat cycles and you are good to go
think about this what about guys that have trailer queens drag only cars what do they do ?
they build a motor and go run it