Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having an internal debate

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 06:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Having an internal debate

I am debating between getting the LPE GT2-3 cam or a set of 1.85 rockers.

I recently heard that the rockers have a greater tendancy to valve float.
I don't plan to spin the engine beyond 6200 rpms. Would this be a factor at these RPM levels?

I know the cam is a sure fire way to more power (I know there are stronger cams out there but I am not looking to be the baddest car in town. I just want to go alot faster)

I don't know if I want to go to the trouble of putting in a cam. Especially if I can come close to the same power gains with the rockers (which could be installed without tearing into the engine)

I am going with Forced Induction, so I don't want a radical cam, and I think that the rockers will give me the extra intake and exhaust volume that would work well with a turbo.

What do you guys think are other pro's and con's between a cam and rockers working with a turbo?

Thanks
Old 09-25-2004, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the mod bug will hit eventually....rockers are bleh.....i never recommend 1.85 rockers to anyone....cuz they'll severely limit your cam choice down the road. between the two, i always recommend the cam. people have had very good results with lpe's gt2-3. especially if you're going to slap a turbo on it later down the road.