Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H/C swap finally done **Results**

Old 09-27-2004, 07:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H/C swap finally done **Results**

I finally finished my H/C swap after taking nearly 4 months. I ran into a few problems along the line and had lack of motivation to work on it. The car pulls like crazy and runs real good and sounds awesome!. It smells like it's running rich. My money situation is a little tight right now so can I safely drive it until I can afford to get a tune without doing any damage? The mods are in the signature. Thanks to everyone at Speed Inc.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How long do you plan you run it pig rich? I'd plan on short oil change intervals.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

I setup an appointment with Speed Inc. today to have them dyno tune it for me on October 4. I hope to pull some good numbers with the amount of money I spent. I'll keep everyone up to date on what happens on the dyno. The car actually runs better then I thought it would without the tune but it wants to die out after WOT. I try not to beat on it to hard but my lead foot is out of control and I cannot keep myself from watching that speedo climb so fast. This has been a long project for me being that I setup my timing chain wrong and I bent a few valves. (I'm embarrased to admit that). I honestly could not thank the guys at Speed Inc. enough. They have been so unbelievably good and helpful to me during these times of stress.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

I'm not exactly sure on how much power to expect but I'll post the graph when I get it. If anybody want to give me a rough guess on how much power to expect that would be great. I have to be honest with all of you I'm just an ametur(sp?) driver but eventually I'd like to have somebody drive it for me at the track that is real good at driving an M6. The car still has the stock rear end. If anybody can give me an estimate of what my car is capable of running in the 1/4 that would be great. Can somebody PM directions on how to post the graph. Thanks so very much!
Old 09-27-2004, 03:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

400 HP, 380 ft/lbs tq. My guess. Easy 11 second car if you can hook it.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:12 PM
TECH Veteran

are you still on the stock 10-bolt? Interested in seeing some dyno numbers and track results after you get it all tuned.

I hope you plan to buy some better tires if you want to hook

Search this Thread