Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will i need a re-tune???

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will i need a re-tune???

ok i have a tsp 231/237 cam in the mail and it should be here this week. if i install the cam straight up and then take it my shop to get it tuned and running good, then decide to throw on a jantzer throttle body will i need to get it retuned or will the computer just re-learn itself and compensate for the extra airflow? thanks.

Kyle
Old 09-28-2004, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think you will need a re-tune for the TB. An intake could use a re-tune, but I assume you already have the LS6 intake. Any guru's want to confirm this..or make me look stupid?
Old 09-28-2004, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know the C5 is drive by wire and the f-car is not, but when I did a home port of my TB I had idle issues requiring tuning. Questions in the diagnostic and tuning forum revealed others with similar issues both f-car and C5. My particular issue was a high idle that produced a cruise control effect. It was ulimately solved by increasing throttle decay and idle airflow values. You won't render the car undriveable, but it may not be much fun without a tune. And you may not need a tune period. I was never able to discern a pattern of when it caused issues vs. when it didn't. Home ported or professionally they sometimes cause problems.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Kyle 01 T/A
ok i have a tsp 231/237 cam in the mail and it should be here this week. if i install the cam straight up and then take it my shop to get it tuned and running good, then decide to throw on a jantzer throttle body will i need to get it retuned or will the computer just re-learn itself and compensate for the extra airflow? thanks.

Kyle

You'll be ok adding the ported TB, I didn't have to tweak my car any.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I would Suggest a Tune after you install the Throttle body. If its a shop that you deal with alot, they should just fine tune the program they put in for the new cam for cheap or even free. Just my 2 cents. Throttle body tends to mess with cars in my experiences!