Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jesel Shaft Mount Rockers Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jesel Shaft Mount Rockers Questions

Are any of you guys running these experiening the power drop off at higher RPM's like 5500 and up, like I am seeing some of the guys with Yella Terra's? I am currently in the process of an 6.0L (finally cubic inch to be determines) with an STS with T70 at 13-15psi. I already have a Set of Jesel shaft mount rockers from a previous engine build, and I was planning on using these but I am seeing some guys switching back to stock due to excessive over the valve weight? Just curious if any one is seeing this with the Jesel's
Thanks
Eric
Old 10-01-2004, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

nobody?
Old 10-02-2004, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont think you can buy a better rocker than a jesel, are they adjustable or non-adjustable?
Old 10-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

They are the non adjustable SS series Shaft Mounts, I didn't think there was anything better either. But recently I have noticed some complaints about some shaft mount rockers. Although were specifically towards Jesel
Thanks
Eric

Originally Posted by BTL FED
I dont think you can buy a better rocker than a jesel, are they adjustable or non-adjustable?
Old 10-02-2004, 02:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

DOnt kow about Jessel but I just took my Harlands back off after teh cam install. It was feeling soggy up top a bit. Im not sure it was the Harlands because I just finished 2 minutes ago and havent test driven it yet.

They are so easy to change that I was just going back to stock to see. Trial and error, you know.....

I really wanted to use the billet roller rockers though. Maybe ill play with them more after I get my tune down.

GOod luck
Old 10-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by shaneSS
DOnt kow about Jessel but I just took my Harlands back off after teh cam install. It was feeling soggy up top a bit. Im not sure it was the Harlands because I just finished 2 minutes ago and havent test driven it yet.

They are so easy to change that I was just going back to stock to see. Trial and error, you know.....

I really wanted to use the billet roller rockers though. Maybe ill play with them more after I get my tune down.

GOod luck
Let me know how you make out with the swap, I don't just want to scratch a set of $700 rocker arms if you know what i mean
Thanks
Eric
Old 10-02-2004, 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 382LS1
Let me know how you make out with the swap, I don't just want to scratch a set of $700 rocker arms if you know what i mean
Thanks
Eric

The stockers quieted it up quite a bit as well as got rid of the soggy spot at 5200ish. SHe pulls hard through 6900 now. Its amazing to me that alot of thse aftermarket arms are not helping anything.

I may need to shim them or something but during the initall instlal I got 22 ft lbs on them with only about a 180 degree turn so that shoudl be ok.

Im not really sure whats causing it but I am going to leave the stockers on there for a while untill I can figure out what the issue is.

Good Luck