Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my heads with wat cam

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my heads with wat cam

I am going to run borla catback exhaust with the 205 heads and i was wondering what would be a good cam to run with those heads thank you

i was thinking these..woudl these be good

http://www.texas-speed.com/item_deta...?ProductID=184

and yes this is probably one of the dumbest questions ever but..ive heard different things...do u need 1 or 2 heads and when u order then do they come as 1 or 2..same w/ the cams do u need 1 or 2 and when u order do they come as set if needed 2..and with the 205 heads should i get 66cc or 76cc..im going to order the 205 heads w/ the parts and going to order new 7.40 hardened pushrods...and if i get that cam above what else do i need to order to make this combo useable...and if i NEED to order 2 cams and if i NEED to order parts to make the installiation work will i need to order 2 sets of the parts..ty

Last edited by Ws6-07; 10-13-2004 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

dude, you need to start searching. some of those questions are really out there. i mean common sense type ****. have you opened your hood lately and taken a peek at your motor? figured out what is really what in there? i hope to god you aren't doing your own install b/c you have a long ways to go if you're asking if you have to order two heads and two cams......holy flying dogshit batman.

not tryin to flame you or anything, but you really do need to sit down and read JRP's newbie guides, and his cam guide, as well as his exhaust guide. not to mention just searching and reading stuff. i've read this board for WAY too many hours a day for the past six months and i still learn each day. i've got a LONG way to go before i can claim i KNOW engines, and performance, compared to a lot of people on this board. but damn. LS1 pushrod motor = one camshaft, V8 = two heads.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Definitely buy two cams and give one to me!

Just read the stickies, you'll do fine. The cam you chose is a really good street cam.

Good luck,
Old 10-13-2004, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
dude, you need to start searching. some of those questions are really out there. i mean common sense type ****. have you opened your hood lately and taken a peek at your motor? figured out what is really what in there? i hope to god you aren't doing your own install b/c you have a long ways to go if you're asking if you have to order two heads and two cams......holy flying dogshit batman.

not tryin to flame you or anything, but you really do need to sit down and read JRP's newbie guides, and his cam guide, as well as his exhaust guide. not to mention just searching and reading stuff. i've read this board for WAY too many hours a day for the past six months and i still learn each day. i've got a LONG way to go before i can claim i KNOW engines, and performance, compared to a lot of people on this board. but damn. LS1 pushrod motor = one camshaft, V8 = two heads.

do some reseach before you waste bandwidth and space like this. When I first started I read, read, read for about 3 months and visited sponsors sites before I even made my first post. Happy hunting.