Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 head port/polish school project...maybe

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 head port/polish school project...maybe

i'm currently in need of deciding on a chassis fabrication/high performance engine related project for class and am currently debating on getting a set of used ls1 heads, porting and polishing them, ect...since alot of you guys have much experience with the different valves/sizes, springs, retainers and all that good stuff...what would some of you recommend for a nice streetable setup with a decent sized cam...just looking for maybe some of the setups u guys have and what brands you prefer for the parts listed above just to give me an idea...also if you know the cost of the parts that'd be helpful also...once again i'm just looking into this...not real sure if i'll actually do it or not at this point....
thanks
josh gardner
Old 10-14-2004, 03:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

give TEA a call, they would be able to talk for HOURS about this. talk to brian t. especially, about home porting...he'll have just what ya need as far as info AND parts.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

I will tell ya a story that has happened to me. When you go to porting those heads you start to realize how much respect you have for the guy that does it on a pro level for a living. It happened to me, like simular situation on a RM250 dirt bike I borrowed a while back from a buddy. I always considered myself pretty competent with a pair of handle bars in my hands until that day. That thing rode me all weekend and opened my eyes to what the pros are actually able to do!! I had new found respect for those guys let me tell ya. Good luck and take your time.