Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed ZO6 Intake manifold, now car stumbles from a stop

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Installed ZO6 Intake manifold, now car stumbles from a stop

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by PatrickZ28:
<strong> I dont know if this is the right section or not, but anyway... so after installing the intake, the car idles a little low and after giving a little gas, the car stumbles then goes. It cruises just fine. I figure it's a vacuum leak somewhere but I'm just wondering if there's any other possibilities. Thanks. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A very common mistake when reinstalling the intake manifold is not connecting the two vaccuum tubes to the back of the intake. There is a larger one that goes to your brake booster on the drivers side, but your problem is probably with the thin one that points towards the passenger side of the car. Feel around back there, and I bet ya its either not hooked up at all, or not on correctly.

Thats about the only thing I could think of that would cause this.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah try checking the vac lines
Old 04-10-2003, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you remove the two (2) plastic hold-down clamps that attach the knock sensor wires to the valley cover? I hope so. If not, you may very well have a vacuum leak. These plastic clips are held to the wires with some very tough tape. You need to cut the tape and remove both of them. You don't have enough space under your LS6 manifold for these plastic clips. Hense, the vacuum leak at the intake ports.

The other guys told you about the 2 vacuum lines already. The little one is for the HVAC controls. You already know what the big one attaches to.

Good luck
Ron,
Old 04-11-2003, 12:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed ZO6 Intake manifold, now car stumbles from a stop

I dont know if this is the right section or not, but anyway... so after installing the intake, the car idles a little low and after giving a little gas, the car stumbles then goes. It cruises just fine. I figure it's a vacuum leak somewhere but I'm just wondering if there's any other possibilities. Thanks.

<small>[ April 10, 2003, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: PatrickZ28 ]</small>