Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 heads

Old 11-09-2004, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 heads

ok guys i got a question i bought a pair of new ls1 heads. To my surprice when i got them they where 98 center bolt heads. I have a 2000 t/a so could i put center bolt heads on my 2000 perimeter bolts heads t/a???????? please i need an answer quick.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

You will need a matching valve cover with bolts that go around instead of center bolts.

Also the 98 coil packs mount different, but I believe your coil packs should mount to a 98 valvecover, if not you might consider buying the coil pack relocate kit from thunder
Old 11-09-2004, 11:14 AM
FormerVendor

Are you going to have them ported first? It can be done but there is a lot of space restrictions with the 98 heads if you are planning on spending any money on them I would stick with 99 and up heads. I have several sets for sale. I even have a set of 00 heads ported just need some valves and springs to finish them up.

Nate
Old 11-09-2004, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Are you going to have them ported first? It can be done but there is a lot of space restrictions with the 98 heads if you are planning on spending any money on them I would stick with 99 and up heads. I have several sets for sale. I even have a set of 00 heads ported just need some valves and springs to finish them up.

Nate
how much are you sellign them for, and would you considere a trade and cash deal??? i bought some heads but when i got them they where 98 heads something i din't notice before so now i iam going to have to by new valve covers and a relocate kit for the coil packs so i just prefer to get rid of them.
i got a pair of new heads and the ones on the car that have like 50 k on them i'll get rid of them bare or assembled just let me know if something like that sounds ok to you. If not how much you want for them.

Search this Thread