Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

225/225 114 on a 3500 stalled A4...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 225/225 114 on a 3500 stalled A4...

Im sure most of you have seen me post before, but Ive done some research and decided to go slightly larger with my cam selection with the addition of a stall... I need some reccomendations, and I did a search and couldent find much info on the 225/225 with my questions....

First, for the first couple months Im looking to get away with a stock tune on an A4 so I can save the full $500 for a full dyno tune, rather than going for a mail order tune (keep in mind my tuner is also more than an hour away, so Id have to drive it there anyways). I was told, that with a TSP 224/224 .563/.563 114 I could get away with the stock tune, with a 3500 stall and a slight adjustment to the setscrew on the TB (without the car dieing all the time, I just want to drive it for the time being!). The cam I was looking at getting is the TSP 225/225 .589/.589 114, and I was wondering how much different from the 224 this cam would be (with the stock tune and a 3500 stall/setscrew adjustment for idle). Also, how much different would valvetrain noise, valvetrain and spring wear, and sound (lope) wise would this cam be? I want it to thump!

I just want to know if I can make it for a bit so I can save for the full dyno tune, id really like them to fine tune it to get the most out of it rather than just settling for a mail order tune just to get the car running right...If you dont think I could pull that off, would there be anything I could do to get this accomplished?

Also, I havent done much research on stalls, but id like to install it myself, how hard is this to accomplish with your typical tools? Also, which stall would you guys reccomend? (brand or stall speed, whichever youd like to reccomend for my requirements). My car is 99% street and only takes occasional trips to the track, so low end power and driveability is my main concern.

Thanks for your help AGAIN!

-Nick
Old 11-09-2004, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fixxer99TA

Also, I havent done much research on stalls, but id like to install it myself, how hard is this to accomplish with your typical tools? Also, which stall would you guys reccomend?
If its your first time plan a whole day for the install. Check the link in my sig for a write up. For a 3500 stall the Yank Super Thruster is a great converter IMO.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:36 AM
11 Second Club

dont go to small whith your stall speed...or you wi regret it ......and thats a different fourum.....