Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know the spces on LG Motorsports Juggernaut cam??

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 02:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Anyone know the spces on LG Motorsports Juggernaut cam??

I am looking for a new cam for my 408 and it sounds interesting.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedReaper
I am looking for a new cam for my 408 and it sounds interesting.
That cam is designed for a stock headed 346 CID LS1.

Why put a cam that is not designed for your application in?

You'd be better off having Futral, LG, etc make you a grind that fits your application for your goals. Slapping cams from different setups, especially ones designed around stock displacement, are NOT gonna give you impressive gains vs a custom grind. There is no price difference by getting a custom grind.

The specs on the Juggernaut cam will not be released by LG. The only way you'll know the specs is to buy the cam and have it put on a Cam Doctor or the like.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:07 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We have a few different grinds that will work very well with your 408 cid stroker that you're building. We have cams ranging from very mild to max-performance applications, so feel free to give me a call at the number below or e-mail me at trevor@texas-speed.com if you have any questions.

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance
Old 11-12-2004, 04:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CANNIBAL
That cam is designed for a stock headed 346 CID LS1.

Why put a cam that is not designed for your application in?

You'd be better off having Futral, LG, etc make you a grind that fits your application for your goals. Slapping cams from different setups, especially ones designed around stock displacement, are NOT gonna give you impressive gains vs a custom grind. There is no price difference by getting a custom grind.

The specs on the Juggernaut cam will not be released by LG. The only way you'll know the specs is to buy the cam and have it put on a Cam Doctor or the like.

Damn man I didnt know the specs on the cam and wanted to know so I could judge whether or not it would be a good cam for a 408, sheesh. I figured with a name like "Juggernaut" it had to be a pretty big cam. I was in no way going to go buy it and throw it in without researching it first. Trevor I am sending you an email right now.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn man I didnt know the specs on the cam and wanted to know so I could judge whether or not it would be a good cam for a 408,
All ya' gotta do is search. I found the info via the search function in under 45 seconds

You're on the right path by skipping this idea completely and calling a vendor directly, though.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Page 4 of this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=Juggernaut
Old 11-12-2004, 05:05 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the link but call me stupid I searched that page up and down and there are no cam specs for that cam on that page.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the link but call me stupid I searched that page up and down and there are no cam specs for that cam on that page.
Yes, I know there are no cam specs on that page or in that entire thread. The reason they are not available is explained in that thread by Louis (LG's son) Post #63, cut and pasted below:

The cam is a custom one off cam for Sean.

After looking at what the car was doing with the X2, then the swap to the X3 and what it did we knew where we had to be for this cam. Sean dubbed it the juggernaut, Im not sure what we will call it, but it is really powerful

It is a normal split on an odd LSA and ICL. It clears fine, and has more than 75 thou of clearance on a stock headed, stock bottom end car like Seans.

It does excellent on motor as noted and by design, it will do even better on the nitrous.

As far as specs go? They will not be released much like the other line of new cams from LG.

If you want this cam, know the consequences of running a big cam and the supporting mods and we will sell it. Dont whine when you get it in, and it doesnt idle like a stock cam.

Tuning is very necessary with it as any other large(r) cam. Comp 921s, ISKY 295Ds, and the Crane duals are the only springs I know of that are drop in and will control the valvetrain with this cam.

The Sales people do not know about the cam, so give them a day or 2, and I will get them up to speed on it In the mean time, send me any PMs or Emails you would like and I can answer all your questions.
Louis
www.LGMotorsports.com
972-272-7753

I hope that helps.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:12 PM
10 Second Club

Yes, I know there are no cam specs on that page or in that entire thread. The reason they are not available is explained in that thread by Louis (LG's son) Post #63, cut and pasted below:

The cam is a custom one off cam for Sean.

After looking at what the car was doing with the X2, then the swap to the X3 and what it did we knew where we had to be for this cam. Sean dubbed it the juggernaut, Im not sure what we will call it, but it is really powerful

It is a normal split on an odd LSA and ICL. It clears fine, and has more than 75 thou of clearance on a stock headed, stock bottom end car like Seans.

It does excellent on motor as noted and by design, it will do even better on the nitrous.

As far as specs go? They will not be released much like the other line of new cams from LG.

If you want this cam, know the consequences of running a big cam and the supporting mods and we will sell it. Dont whine when you get it in, and it doesnt idle like a stock cam.

Tuning is very necessary with it as any other large(r) cam. Comp 921s, ISKY 295Ds, and the Crane duals are the only springs I know of that are drop in and will control the valvetrain with this cam.

The Sales people do not know about the cam, so give them a day or 2, and I will get them up to speed on it In the mean time, send me any PMs or Emails you would like and I can answer all your questions.
Louis
www.LGMotorsports.com
972-272-7753

I hope that helps.

MAn you just said page 4 of this thread. I took it as you were saying page 4 is where the specs were. Oh well it doesnt matter, that cam doesnt seem to be suited for me anyways.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

I took it as you were saying page 4 is where the specs were.
I thought you would read the page to find the information I referenced above.

I should have clarified my post by saying, "The reason for no cam specs being publically available is explained in this thread, page 4, Post # 63".

My apologies.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I would never buy a cam without knowing the specs, that's like buying a pig in a poke. It's hard enough buying a big lift, long duration cam when you know the specs, if you have milled heads or after market pistons.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:00 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdsz
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I would never buy a cam without knowing the specs, that's like buying a pig in a poke. It's hard enough buying a big lift, long duration cam when you know the specs, if you have milled heads or after market pistons.

Well you might not but trust me there are tons who would.
The X2 and X3 are Extreemly populer camshaft's and most dont know the specs.
There are a lot of people who could careless of the specs as long as it works well and make nice power.
If I could pick between cam specs and a slow car or no cam specs and a fast car, I would take the fast car.
With that being said, I like to know every little detail about my car and wouldn't buy a X2 or X3 without haveing a very good idea of what it is.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:15 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
Well you might not but trust me there are tons who would.
The X2 and X3 are Extreemly populer camshaft's and most dont know the specs.
There are a lot of people who could careless of the specs as long as it works well and make nice power.
If I could pick between cam specs and a slow car or no cam specs and a fast car, I would take the fast car.
With that being said, I like to know every little detail about my car and wouldn't buy a X2 or X3 without haveing a very good idea of what it is.
If only everyone thought like you and I and would just stop complaining for no reason Too many know it alls that think knowing their cam specs are going to make the car faster when in all reality they just want something to brag about at starbucks when they meet their friends
Old 11-14-2004, 03:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Question: PVC on this cam is said to be .075 with stock LS1 heads.
Would it be safe to assume that the PVC with AFR 205 (out of box) be .090. (since AFR have a .015 extra clearance compared to LS1 heads)?
Old 11-14-2004, 01:58 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lets not start this **** again....
Old 11-14-2004, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

JRP, I don't know what you are talking about starting again, all I was merely doing was stating my opinion on how I make a purchase decision.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

JRP, I don't know what you are talking about starting again, all I was merely doing was stating my opinion on how I make a purchase decision.
everyone throws their two cents in on how they wont buy a cam without knowing the specs... we pity you for missing out on some of the greatest cams ever put on the market.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSOnYourSix
everyone throws their two cents in on how they wont buy a cam without knowing the specs... we pity you for missing out on some of the greatest cams ever put on the market.

So I guess if your engine builder needs to know what the specs are so we can get right for the particular motor we are missing out huh?? Ill just stick with ones I can get specs on, thanks anyway.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:26 AM
Teching In

I personally can't understand why anyone would be stupid enough to buy something they aren't allowed to know anything about. Sorry LG but I don't need to take your word or any shops word that this is the cam for me without being told what the cam specs are, as I would think anyone should say. I wouldn't care if your cam made 500rwhp more then everyone else's cam without being able to know what I am putting in "MY" car that "I" pay for and "I" would have to pay for if something failed or "I" would have to figure out a certain problem that "YOUR" cam might provide in my combo. We should be our own judge of what we want in our car. I think this shop war is getting rediculous with hiding information on their cam's or heads or whatever. Patten the damn equipment if you're so worried about it then release it so we can pick an choose what we'd like for our cars. Thank god I don't have to deal with shady *** shops that hide specs like they are god. I think the shops need to come back to reality that we buy their products and keep them in business not the other way around so they should be catering anything in the form of information so we can make our own sound and correct judgement on their products. I truely believe that anyone that buys a product without getting information before hand is pretty naive.

So I leave this question to those out there.

Why would you pay good money for your products and not know anything about your combo except the brand name?
Old 11-15-2004, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you were to go to a big time engine builder - say someone that races in S/E or other areas like this, you would not be privy to the exact specs. it is like asking a doctor their secrets. shrug, if you dont like it, then simply dont buy it and make your own spec out. makes sense to me

Quick Reply: Anyone know the spces on LG Motorsports Juggernaut cam??