Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wierd problem last night

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd problem last night

So I had the wierdiest problem last night, I was at jack in the box trying to get some food, it was late at night (3 am) cutouts open and the line was long, I turned my car off so others could make their orders, fired it back up and it acted like the battery was almost dead but it did crank over and ran fine.

I progress to order, turn it off, order, wait a minute then turn it on again to move up, but this time it revs to 3k and won't go down, like the throttle was stuck, so i tap the gas hoping to unstick it but it seems to close all the way, I move up and kill it.

While the car is off I tap the gas a few times, i can hear the blade close all the way, so we get to the window and I get my food, fire it up again and it idles at 1k (Normal). I start driving down the street and back to 3k it went all the way home.

Soon as I got home, I started ripping **** apart looking for the problem, I found absolutly nothing wrong, put it together, it has worked fine today.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:23 PM
TECH Addict

Have you changed anything lately? Have you checked your battery terminals and your alternator output?
Old 11-14-2004, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Yes I relocated my battery, and I suspect that to be part of the problem - I ran the positive wire up to the post on the driver side. Also I suspect that my ground wire isn't as good as it could be, I will wire brush the surface its on and reconnect it tomorrow.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by term
Yes I relocated my battery, and I suspect that to be part of the problem - I ran the positive wire up to the post on the driver side. Also I suspect that my ground wire isn't as good as it could be, I will wire brush the surface its on and reconnect it tomorrow.
Aha. Well that would definitely be where your problem lies.