Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just an FYI for flowing cylinder heads...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 03:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just an FYI for flowing cylinder heads...

I see alot of posts on here about independent flow tests on different sponsors and non sponsors heads.I see people getting bitter about flowing a set of heads that had been on their cars for 10,000 miles and not flowing what they are supposed to.Well if you want to do a flow test on your heads..do it BEFORE they go onto your car..After time, especially with high seat pressure and open pressure springs, the valve angles can be "pounded out". Also when carbon,gum,and varnish builds up on the seats and valves, flow will drop tremendously.The problem with competition valve jobs on street driven cars, is the seat angle and margin on the valves are ground thinner for better airflow..well over time when those angle pound out and crud builds on the valves..the flow in that port really begins to suffer...So in defense to just about every sponsor on this board..DO NOT come on here bashing a company after you have flowed a used set of race heads...race style cylinder heads need freshening up much more periodicly than a stock or just ported casting...especially if N20 or any other power adder is used.

Carter
Old 12-19-2004, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good heads up.....very good point too
Old 12-20-2004, 01:39 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i had my heads flowed before they were installed .
Old 12-20-2004, 07:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrp
i had my heads flowed before they were installed .
i plan to do the same....even tho MTI flows them before hand as well as sending u a flow sheet. i cant wait to get these things on the Z
by the way JRP, thanks for all your help bro....i appreciate it and im confident in my decision