Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re-Ring Kits for LS1 Motor

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-Ring Kits for LS1 Motor

I have a 6.0 LS1 that I bought real cheap out of a wrecked Cadillac. The caddy was flipped and turned upside down and it run without oil. I have torn the motor down and it spun #3,4,5 & 6. The crank was trash but the rods can be saved because the machine shop said that they could resize the rods and that it would only require the use of OD Bearings. I decided to go ahead and put rings in it while I had it apart. The only thing is that the re-ring kit from the machine shop cost almost $400. Thats increadibly HIGH and the machine shop said that was there cost. Has anyone bought any re-ring kits?

Also, does anyone carry a cast stroker 4" crank,Hypertech pistons or I Beam Rods?
Old 12-26-2004, 02:05 PM
TECH Resident

Have you tried contacting any of our sponsors ?
Old 12-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Yes, I have checked most of there sites out and I have not found one that has re-ring kits listed.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:26 PM
I can shift faster than you.

What's included in the re-ring kit from the machine shop? Just rings, or are there other items included?

I have done quite a few "stock rebuilds" on my car and customer's car. You are going to need all new gaskets, head bolts, rings, bearings, and I would recommend going to the ARP rod bolts when the rods are resized with the oversized rod bearings. Shoot me a PM if you need any further help.

Jason

Quick Reply: Re-Ring Kits for LS1 Motor