Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weight of ls1/t-56?

Old 12-29-2004, 11:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default weight of ls1/t-56?

anyone know how much that combo weighs??

Thanks

Chad
Old 12-30-2004, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=976812
Old 12-30-2004, 11:49 PM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

Killer thread link.

2 questions come to mind though - why isn't there something like that for F-Bodies (or is there?)? (particularly WS6's ) And what is meant by "fully dressed" when referring to the engine? (I mean specific detail)

Thanks.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

HPP, some of my info came from this site. Check the source code on that page and you'll see that some of my sources originated from threads here. I've searched this forum pretty hard many times in the past for part weights, but if you find more, PLEASE let me know!

I have no friggin idea what it means by "fully dressed". Sometimes sources are so damn vague, so I post the source so you can see I did all I could to get good information. Now I'm working on weighing individual parts. I have a set of 241's that arrived on my doorstep a couple days ago. I'll be weighing the whole head assembly, as well as individual components. I also have a cam kit and HS rockers waiting to be weighed. When I take apart my engine to install the H/C, I'll weight whatever comes off. I'm sure people here have pulleys, dampeners, water pumps and internal parts just sitting around. Someday I'll start a thread here asking that people weigh those parts and more so I can add it to my thread. That thread doesn't have to be limited to Corvettes. I'll be happy to add F-body weights, especially since the engine parts are interchangable for both platforms, and many of y'all F-body guys use C5 brakes.

Search this Thread