Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valvetrain (oil )

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valvetrain (oil )

Should I oil up the springs and pushrods as well as valves with engine oil before I install them? Also I got bigger valves can I just put them in or do I need to get the heads machined to fit, they appear to fit fine but I dont know.

thanks, rather ask than do something stupid
Old 12-30-2004, 11:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JerikSS
Should I oil up the springs and pushrods as well as valves with engine oil before I install them? Also I got bigger valves can I just put them in or do I need to get the heads machined to fit, they appear to fit fine but I dont know.

thanks, rather ask than do something stupid
You definitely need to have valve job done to accept a larger valve. You don't need to oil up the pushrods or springs during assembly, but I would recommend priming the motor before you install it.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

It wouldn't hurt to soak the pushrods in oil that way some of that will make its way to the lifters when you put them in. Unplug the two main harnesses to the coils and crank it over to prime it.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

I soaked my push rods in oil and turned the car over for 5 seconds (with the coil main harnesses unplugged) before actually firing up the car. Did not put oil on the valve springs themselves.