Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Longtube Install

Old 01-24-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Longtube Install

this past weekend i installed a pair of SLP Lt from an 02 SS and 3inch x-pipe with magnaflow 4x9's. also put in new NGK TR55 and MSD 8.5 wires. took off the EGR and plugged up the hole with that $2 piece from LS1 Speed. when we got the car running it was idling all up and down searching. eventually it found itself and idles smooth. took it for a drive and let it warm up. when i got down a street in first i went WOT car began to scream as the RPMS reached 5K i heard a POOOM! like something popped out of my exhaust. went back checked out the car oil was fine car was running perfect, like nothing was wrong. when i looked at my drivers side back rim on the inside of the rim it had was looked like somethin hit it like whatever popped out of the exhaust smeared on the rim. also when i heard that noise the car didn't shake or lurch. when i touched the substance on my rims it was already morning and its cold so whatever it was dried up so i can't tell what it is. by the way the whole set-up was used before and well taken care of. but this is the nly problem i have so far other than that love the sound of true duals. just get ready for the exhaust smell with the windows down. my favorite part abou tthe system is that since they are dumped at the rear end it feels like i got to jet fighter engines running under my car as i drive. lol well what you guys think of what happened? any help would be great.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

suit water?
Old 01-25-2005, 01:10 PM
TECH Addict

whats suit water? this is the thing i didn't notice the stuff on my rims until the day after and the night before it had rained and my car was filthy. but i don't know maybe it was just a quick pop for the first drive cause i had to delete my EGR so i don'tknow it could have been anything just wanted to make sure it wasn't bad.

Search this Thread