Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True cam specs of stock '04 GTO? I don't believe it

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default True cam specs of stock '04 GTO? I don't believe it

I don't believe the published literature from the general about this. The GTO idles a lot rougher then an FBody or a stock C5. Its very noticeable when getting gas, the car has a nice shake/lope to it. Also, from behind the car, it sounds more like a very docile aftermarket cam, perhaps an LS6 cam. It has the same real minor shake/vibration a Z06 has. Does anyone know the true cam specs of the '04 GTO? The GTO forums don't really have hard core enthusiasts for the most part, so I came here....
Old 01-29-2005, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenny H
I don't believe the published literature from the general about this. The GTO idles a lot rougher then an FBody or a stock C5. Its very noticeable when getting gas, the car has a nice shake/lope to it. Also, from behind the car, it sounds more like a very docile aftermarket cam, perhaps an LS6 cam. It has the same real minor shake/vibration a Z06 has. Does anyone know the true cam specs of the '04 GTO? The GTO forums don't really have hard core enthusiasts for the most part, so I came here....
I agree regarding the lope. But it appears 04 GTOs dyno the same as LS1 equipped F-bodes or Corvettes..300rwhp/310rwtq +/-10 or so. Would not an improved cam mean higher numbers?
Old 01-29-2005, 06:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Have you ever tuned it or have it looked at on a wideband analyzer? Maybe your stock tune and or the MAF/compensation is a bit off.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the shake is from the exhaust &/or tuning. I know when I put my headers on, the shake was 90% gone. Still on stock tune though. After putting the GT2-3 in, the shake was back a little more until it was tuned. Then its back to about 10% again.

So I think most of the shake is caused by exhaust pulses. Maybe the resonators have something to do with it. I was just surprised how mine completely changed after the header swap.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm i put headers on mine and it didn't change the shake at all...dynatech
Old 01-30-2005, 08:19 AM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mr2guru
Hmmm i put headers on mine and it didn't change the shake at all...dynatech
That is what I put on All I know is mine went away after the header install. I noticed it because I didn't really like the shake. If I had a big cam in, then the shake would have been appreciated But not for the stock cam.

I have my stock cam just sitting on my bench. Only has 1500 miles or so. Maybe somebody local has a cam doctor to spec it out?
Old 01-30-2005, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

Mine has a decent bit of shake to it at red lights as well.. I wondered this as well..

Quick Reply: True cam specs of stock '04 GTO? I don't believe it