Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!air! & !EGR! problems?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !air! & !EGR! problems?

Going to change the cam to a 216/220 comp cam and looking at getting heads. Debating between LS1 and LS6 heads.

Question: When getting LS6 heads for my '99z I have to get rid of the AIR & EGR is there drivablity/tuning problems with this? This is a summer daily driver M6 thats will not be drag race, like once a year. Not that worried about top HP, i.e. small cam, worried about daily driver and maintance issues.

The AIR is just for cold start up and runs for like 30 sec., no big deal. Took it off the '93Z when the motor went bad and didn't change anything. The EGR does work alot and changes the fuel table a lot. Thats what I wounder about.

Thanks for the help

P.S. Have searched this issue and some say harder to tune and others say no big deal.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

honestly- i did not know the egr affected anything besides MAYBE idle. i don't see how it could affect the fuel tables...

air- to save your cat's. if not running cats then why do you have it still
Old 02-07-2005, 02:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy non emissions headers and remove that crap and don't look back. Just have the codes deleted with a tuner and you'll have absolutely NO problems. The headers for my new car will be "race" style, no emission provisions.