Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 01:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cam Problem

I have a 224/224 .581/.581 Comp cam. I also have comp springs installed as well...the problem is that i burn alittle oil and its coming from the left dual pipe side(standing in the back) u really cant tell im burning when driving around town but if im racing it u can see blue smoke for miles. Now i didnt have rods, retainers, rocker arms done....i was wandering if the stock valve retainers would hold this cam...b/c if not i think that may b the problem but i wanted to get a few opinions first
Old 02-13-2005, 02:20 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stock spring retainers and rockers are fine. Even the stock pushrods will work with that cam, but I would keep the rpm no higher than 6500. You would be better off with some stronger pushrods.

As for the oil burning when racing, do a compression test and see if you have a weak cylinder. It may also be the PCV system if you haven't converted to the LS6 PCV yet.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would look into what Cal said, Open your TB and see how oily the intake is. On my 98 when I took off my intake last week I couldn't beleave how oily it was even with a catch can. So I raised up the pcv lines in the back and added a filter just prior to were it hooks up to the intake.