Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emissions system and larger cam

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Emissions system and larger cam

I've been doing a little research, but I need some professional advice on this matter. With my car this summer, I think I'm gonna add the TR224 / 112 cam, LS-6 intake and Hooker long tubes. With the LS-6 intake and the hooker long tubes, you can order each with, or without emissions provisions. My car is a 1998, so it has both the EGR and AIR. I would like to, if at all possible, keep the emissions system so I will have less trouble passing inspection. (emissions is an issue where I live) I also am assuming that the TR 224 with the 112 LSA isn't too emissions friendly due to its narrow LSA. (But I don't want to go with the 114 because I want the lope) So, the question here is if I leave the emissions system on my car and go with this cam and setup, and tune my computer to the setup, will the emissions system go crazy trying to compensate for the increased emissions? Or will it operate normally under the new computer tune? On the other hand, would it cause less problems to disconnect my EGR valve and AIR pump and order the intake/headers without emissions provisions? (In this case I would have to figure something else out to "pass" emissions) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.