Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lingenfelter head/cam/intake package?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lingenfelter head/cam/intake package?

Okay, so I've learned alot so far and I'm still learnig from you guys. So here is the deal I'm looking to put an LS1 into the Blazer X and it is a daily driver so I want MORE POWER but I want the truck to come off "realatively" stock as far as sound and idle but of course the stock LS1 is not enough power. So here is what I'm thinking I want to get a LS1 from a junk yard and I'm going to go through the motor first new bearings/rings etc. so while I'm there I'm gonna put in a new cam and might as well do heads but I don't want to spend a fortune. So I'm looking at the Lingenfelter package it's some cnc ported heads with a cam (they use comp cams) and a FAST intake add the large valve upgrade and a ported TB all from them and I'm under 3K.

Well the final question after the long explanation is do you guys think the heads in that kit are good or what? Usually I'm comfortable with any thing from the Lingenfelter clan it's just after trying to catch up with you guys on the head subject I'm confused
Old 03-05-2005, 06:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure they are good heads. I know I've read at least a few people on this board have used the Lingenfelter h/c packages and have been happy. They were putting out around 400rwhp too.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats more than enough for me and a daily driver. If that is the case thats gonna be the route I take I know I could make more with some AFR's but I'm not spending 2K for heads and then have to get the rest of the stuff I'll have 5K in the friggin top end. Not for the X maybe for the M/C which will be a toy instead of a driver.