Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what heads

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 01:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what heads

I am trying to figure out what heads to go with. I have the cc 228 224 reverse slpit cam. Most people who do heads either have a single split or a conventional split cam. What should i look at in flow numbers? Should the exh. side flow better then the int. side, just opposite for the other types of cams? Or are there other things that i should be more concerned about? If anyone could piont me in the right diriction or shed some light i would appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 03-16-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98TA86
I am trying to figure out what heads to go with. I have the cc 228 224 reverse slpit cam. Most people who do heads either have a single split or a conventional split cam. What should i look at in flow numbers? Should the exh. side flow better then the int. side, just opposite for the other types of cams? Or are there other things that i should be more concerned about? If anyone could piont me in the right diriction or shed some light i would appreciate it.

Thanks
Any of our sposnors' heads should work really well with that cam. You won't find heads that flow better on the exhaust side than the intake side, as exhaust cfm is usally 70-90cfm lower than the intake side. Just look for something that flows around 300 intake and 220 exhaust, and you should be good to go, but remember flow numbers aren't everything. I would recommend some 5.3L truck heads to bump your compression up just a little.