Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

has anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 01:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone??

has anyone had a problem with the rear crank plug leaking in any of their ls1's before?

its the plug you see right on the other side of the pilot bearing.....

we were having oil leaking problems and it wasnt the rear main, and it looked like it was coming trhough that hole. I bought a new one for $9 and am going to replace it anyways and seal the crap outta it.....just wanted to know if anyone has deal with this before...thanks.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:57 AM
11 Second Club

it was leakign quite a bit of oil, enough to cover the inside of the bellhousing and burn up the flywheel and new clutch......another reason I knew it wasnt the rear main, because we had already replaced it thinking it was the problem on the last oil soaked clutch.....plus the backside of the flywheel was clean and oil free,it would have been somewhat wet if it were the rear main.someone also told me it cold be the bolts back there because on the new cars the bolts thread right into the motor where oil would come through if they didnt seal properly.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:20 AM
11 Second Club

anybody?
Old 03-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Restricted User

Sounds like your talking about the oil galley plug, looks like a dumbell kind of. Do a search, theres been a few with that problem, most were from getting new shortblocks w/o a new plug or plug at all. I ordered a new plug for my new shortblock, not sure if I will need it yet, but better safe than sorry. Good luck.
Charlie