Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam decisions, I am torn on what to buy!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cam decisions, I am torn on what to buy!

I know, another cam thread, I am building a ls1/t56 power rx-7. The car's weight is about 2800lbs, and has 4.10gears. It will only be used as a weekend driver, basically back and fourth to the track, and a bit of cruising. hopefully running in the 10's. I have a 00 motor with 15,000 miles so it is relatively still fresh. I just can't decide if it is worth it to go with a t-rex, or ms3, g5x3, over something smaller like a tsp231, tr 230, or something similar mainly just because of the extra valvetrain and injector cost for the larger cams, also I don't know how crazy I am about revving it to 7grand regularly. On the other hand, the car is quite a bit lighter than most f-bodies, plus geared pretty low so the motor really shouldn't have to work as hard in the higher rpms. I am not planning to buy heads, I am planning to buy an ls6 intake. It will have shorties and 3 inch duals when I am done. So basically what I am asking what should I buy, somebody push me to make up my wishy washy mind.