Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Oil PSI

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Oil PSI

I have a 98' TA with and LS1 and it has low oil pressure. I was in a different web site and i was told many different things of what to do.

I had full synthetic 10W30 Mobile1 oil in my TA. The needle on the oil pressure was jumping up and down. It then came to a point where i seen it stay, @ idle, as low as 20 PSI. It was also low even at 70mph, say 30-35 psi. I kept looking at it and i would see the needle go down everytime i would hit the gas. I was shocked when i seen that. I then waited til the weather was ok, i live in chicago, to change my oil. I'm now running regular oil, 5W30 Quacker State. Anyway, I was told that it might fix the problem, well it hasnt. I was also told that it could be a switch of some sort or it could be loosing it compression. Anyone with any information would be appreciated. Oh yeah, the car feels like its going to turn off on me at times. It shakes but not too much, you could really feel it when you leave your foot on the clutch and hand on the stick ready to shift on the green light.

My car is a daily Driver with an average 100 Miles a week. It currently has 92665 miles.

Please help... I also posted this in wrong forum by mistake...OOPS!