Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever used a damged block?

Old 03-30-2005, 01:01 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Anyone ever used a damged block?

Question says it all.

I have come across 2 motors that have 1 broken rod each. In both cases the rods hit the bottom of the sleeve and chipped part of the sleeve (thumbnail sized spot at the bottom of the sleeve). It sits well below the ring pack. I'm trying to decide if they'd make decent re-sleeve cores or if they'd even be a candidate for cleaning up and being used for an LS1 based project if the damge isn't too severe.

So I thought I'd pose the question, has anyone ever used a damaged block? My thought right now are to just use them as re-sleeve cores and try to locate a good block.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LS1 blocks are too plentiful to justify using a damaged block, and using them as cores for resleeving is probably the best way to go in my opinion.

Shawn
Old 03-30-2005, 02:36 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
LS1 blocks are too plentiful to justify using a damaged block, and using them as cores for resleeving is probably the best way to go in my opinion.

Shawn
Pretty much my thoughts too, I just thought I would ask the question to see if anyone had. I could just replace the bad sleeve and call it a day easily enough but I'll probably just sell them as cores.

Search this Thread