Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rollermaster install

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rollermaster install

Having a hard time adjusting my roller master double roller.. or so it seems. I have 4 degrees of advance ground into my cam.. i want my timing chain set on standard timing. I don't want it advanced or retarded at all.. This is how i have it set up.. is it correct? The directions that come with it suck...

Old 04-01-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

if you did not change the poition of the crank sprocket then that is correct...you want it line dot to dot just like you have it...i like that tin foil i never bothered with the tin foil idea...i just stuffed some rags in there but i didn't drop the bolt ever...so it was all good...it's much more fun puttin the oil pump back on than it was taking it off...that is what took me the longest i think

btw...your engine looks clean mine was like really brown in there...i guess my engine is just a lot older
Old 04-01-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 777
if you did not change the poition of the crank sprocket then that is correct...you want it line dot to dot just like you have it...i like that tin foil i never bothered with the tin foil idea...i just stuffed some rags in there but i didn't drop the bolt ever...so it was all good...it's much more fun puttin the oil pump back on than it was taking it off...that is what took me the longest i think

btw...your engine looks clean mine was like really brown in there...i guess my engine is just a lot older

I've already put the pump back on and off about 7 times lol. So, it looks good.. not sure if changed the position of the sproket..
Old 04-01-2005, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

well you better hope you are sure because that is what determines the advance or retard of the cam...if you are not sure you can pull the valve cover and see what piston is at top dead center...i think the number 1 piston needs to be top dead center...i'd wait till some others post up about that there may be an easier way...and i'm not all the way sure how to tell tdc i think it is if the exhaust valve is fully opened on piston #1...i'd check with others or do a search
Old 04-01-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Key on the crank goes in the keyway that is noted by the divot on the front snout of the crank sprocket for 0 degrees. Then you go dot to dot on the teeth.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:43 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The standard setting of dot to dot is marked on the crank pulley, but as you can see in the pic, there are no other marks on the gear. Does anybody know which keyways are for which advance/retard settings? I am going to be degreeing mine next weekend and I would like to know which keyways do what before I start.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:01 PM
11 Second Club

The keyway with the mark (you can see this in the picture above) is standard timing (zero advance/retard). If you line it up with the key on the crank snout you should get zero advance/retard.