Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Y-Pipe Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 07:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Y-Pipe Trouble

I had a g2 Y-pipe with a 2.75 diameter installed from lmperformance on my 2001 ls1 trans am, a bolt on, added to the borla catback exhaust and I can hear like a stutter clatter sound when I am driving off as the rpms go higher and when I rev it up, but when I punch it goes away. It never made this noise with just the borla catback. Any suggestions? Could this be a leak in the connection of the y-pipe and the cats. I lifted the car up and when they rev it up you can see the y-pipe wiggle a little. I feel the power there when I punch it, but the stutter clatter noise is annoying makes the veh sound crappy! Could this be hazardous to the veh.

If it is no problem can you e-mail suggestions to ran_ws6_ls1@yahoo.com. I am at work all the time and I have faster access to e-mail. Thanks!
Old 04-02-2005, 07:11 AM
9 Second Club

The insert (Plate) in the exhaust to the borla is loose. If you are running one.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
The insert (Plate) in the exhaust to the borla is loose. If you are running one.

Update years later..you were close...one of the bolts on the y pipe to the passenger side were loose...dang.....
Old 05-17-2013, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Randolph Ziskey
Update years later..you were close...one of the bolts on the y pipe to the passenger side were loose...dang.....
Took you eight years to figure that out?
Old 05-17-2013, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LoneGunman
Took you eight years to figure that out?
Lol..no the next day actually...I just recently reset my password since I haven't been on ls1tech since 05...and was going through old threads and remembered that headache...since then I bought the tsp 3 inch catted y pipe in 2010 and the left cat went out and an employee at tsp will remained nameless blew me off for about a year...and one year turned into two years...hated having one cat and the left straight pipe..recently bought that nice looking stainless steel 3 inch ory....but get this..they sent me two pieces of the left side. I spoke with Jake with tsp and man he was real cool...helped me out..it was a pain sending pics back and forth but he sent me the right pipe..im glad I had the old y pipe to compare it too or I probably would of been sol again...I was like I know I'm no expert but it's just assemble plug and play...It's funny now but it would of been nice to get atleast a keychain or something lol....I'm very happy with the ory especially with the stainless steel look....
Old 05-17-2013, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Randolph Ziskey
Lol..no the next day actually...I just recently reset my password since I haven't been on ls1tech since 05...and was going through old threads and remembered that headache...since then I bought the tsp 3 inch catted y pipe in 2010 and the left cat went out and an employee at tsp will remained nameless blew me off for about a year...and one year turned into two years...hated having one cat and the left straight pipe..recently bought that nice looking stainless steel 3 inch ory....but get this..they sent me two pieces of the left side. I spoke with Jake with tsp and man he was real cool...helped me out..it was a pain sending pics back and forth but he sent me the right pipe..im glad I had the old y pipe to compare it too or I probably would of been sol again...I was like I know I'm no expert but it's just assemble plug and play...It's funny now but it would of been nice to get atleast a keychain or something lol....I'm very happy with the ory especially with the stainless steel look....
I guess if it was easy it would be a MUSTANG.....

Quick Reply: Y-Pipe Trouble