Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do people feel about patriot stage 2 heads?

Old 04-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do people feel about patriot stage 2 heads?

the are on special for like 1399 assembled doe any have there opiinoin
i heard there where problems with the heads before but they fixed that
Old 04-14-2005, 10:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what a lot of people were thinking, that they had their **** in a pile. I don't think so myself anymore. Appears they have no real QC.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/293436-patriot-performance-recall.html
Old 04-14-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Old 04-14-2005, 11:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

you get what you pay for in life. ported cylinder heads are no exception.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Veteran

search... you'll find plenty.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:20 AM
Launching!

Spend a little more money on a quality product,You will not regret it.I would avoid them like the plague.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:34 AM
11 Second Club

Been there done that... moved on to bigger and better things
Old 04-15-2005, 02:15 AM
TECH Regular

There's definitely better out there. I've been there and done that as well....I wouldn't put another set on if they were given to me for free!
Old 04-15-2005, 03:33 AM
Banned

look at prc or tea heads...both are only about 130 bucks more and will kick the crap out of the pp.

Nate
Old 04-15-2005, 09:13 AM
FormerVendor

We would like to take a few minutes to point out a few things.

1. Under our recall, we have found a very limited number of heads in the retail market. Any customer who has happened to have these, has been treated fairly and taken care of in a professional matter.

2. If anyone searches these threads, which is a great tool, pay close attention that there are the typical "nay sayers" of our products that appear on basically every thread.

3. If you get truly "get what you pay for", why compare prices and products? Just purchase the most expensive thing and it is the best, right? If this is true, why are there so many manufactuers of the same products? If you tripled the price on a daewoo, would it be a better car? Why do we all drive around town hunting the lowest gas prices? Just buy the highest priced gas, it has to be the best. Guys, are the computers you are using right now the highest priced ones on the market? Many of them may be, but because of competition you can find products that meet or exceed expectations at a lower price than many other products on the market.

4. When installing a product, give an honest evaluation regardless if it is installed on your ride or your buddy's. When you see the parts go on and working well, be honest about it...be it good or bad.

5. We provide quality products with our heads. The original Patriot "Gold" spring, ti retainers, Super 7 locks, bronze guides, 23-8N stainless valves, machined spring bases, and viton rubber seals. We can keep our prices lower because we deal directly with the manufactuer in most cases and not the middle man. We have the voulme to do this.

We are always working to improve our products. Currently we are changing the facilities that do our basic machining. This is a move that will help improve our quality. Within the next month, we will be producing our LS6 style heads with a new, smaller 226 cc intake runner. Also, in the near future we will begin production of our own LS series casting, which is in R&D currently. These will be available at a very afforadable price at all of our major distributors. Thanks for your time guys. We will assure you of one thing... we will do what it takes to produce a quality product at a reasonable price.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

3 Letter's... TEA
Old 04-15-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Let me know if you need a set of TEA Cylinder heads. Our new 5.3 1.5 rev2 head is already at 225cc. Flows at least 310 @ .600 and comes with Ferrea Intake valves, "gold" springs, New GM seals intake and exhaust)Ti retainers and uses brand new machined by GM, CNC machined by us cylinder heads.

I will get you in at the GP Price and I am sure our products will make you very happy.
Thanks a bunch and good luck with whatever you choose.
Brent

Last edited by BrentB@TEA; 04-15-2005 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Unbiased statement from someone who does not own these heads:

We just put a set of Patriot Perfomace S2 LS6 style heads on a 99 SS Vert. He made 408 RWHP and 395 RWTQ with a 224 cam, headers, UD pulley, Stock LS1 intake, 3200 stall, and stock rear.

Track results:
11.85 Average accross 6 runs. Can't remember MPH.

I don't own these heads but they do work better than we all thought.

I am not recommending these nor am I saying don't get them. Just the facts.

Buy whatever heads YOU like best.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Happy with PP/FFHP heads so far. Dyno to follow after I clean up with HPT.

Its all about bang for the buck when modifying f-bodies for the street. Otherwise nobody would bother.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Regular

i have them and they make decent power and i have not had an issue with them at all. probablly have about 3-4k miles on them and still goin strong.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Gunnar.....you get what you pay for. If I spend 1400 on your heads, I doubt my motor will blow up. But I also doubt I'll get the same results as a set of true LS6 heads that are hand ported and custom built, that I pay an extra $500-$1000 for.

Your heads are a great budget/bang for the buck solution, I know someone about to put them on after some touch up work(bought used). You've always gone out of your way to help customers, which is great. I've thought about buying your heads from time to time but the pop-ups of quality issues are something I can't afford to deal with. Your heads fill a niche, but like I said, you get what you pay for. Can't expect the same numbers from your heads as I would a hand-finished custom stage 2/2.5 LS6 243 casting. Period.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnar@Patriot
If you tripled the price on a daewoo, would it be a better car?
Straight from the horses mouth. Patriot Are the daewoo of lsx heads.

honestly after reading tons of information on this subject, they are indeed a value head, and they do have their share of problems but in most cases people who were unlucky enough to have problems with the heads were atleast taken care of. Some people were satisfied, others are not. Remember that those that are dissatisfied will happily go out of their way to spread the bad news, while you may never hear a peep out of a dozen individuals that are happy with the product.

If you dont mind taking what seems to ba a gamble, then you could potentially get a good set of heads that make good power for a great price. but like the others have said, for a couple hundred bucks more, you can get heads froma company without such a marred trackrecord.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen numerous local cars with PP Heads run very well.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BrentB@TEA
Let me know if you need a set of TEA Cylinder heads. Our new 5.3 1.5 rev2 head is already at 225cc. Flows at least 310 @ .600 and comes with Ferrea Intake valves, "gold" springs, New GM seals intake and exhaust)Ti retainers and uses brand new machined by GM, CNC machined by us cylinder heads.

I will get you in at the GP Price and I am sure our products will make you very happy.
Thanks a bunch and good luck with whatever you choose.
Brent
Brent, if I may ask, what is the GP price you've mentioned? Thanks.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a set of stage 3 PP LS6 style heads on my car and have been very happy with them. I have had no problems with them and they make good pwer. I picked up 3 mph by switching from Absolute Speed heads to PP heads with no tuning done afterwards.

Search this Thread