Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil not getting to top of motor

Old 04-15-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default oil not getting to top of motor

i have an 00 WS6 and for some reason my car isnt getting oil to the top, it dosent smoke no bottom end noise nothing runs great, some say its o ring or oil pump to even cracked block but un usual on stock motor. if you have any idea let me know thanks frankie
Old 04-15-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Regular

Has the engine ever been cracked open at all? How do you know oil's not getting to the top? How long has it been this way?

If the engine is stock and never been touched, yet oil somehow just stopped getting to the top I'd start with very simple questions. Checked your oil level? What's the oil pressure reading at idle cold and hot?

If you are just assuming this is the problem because the valvetrain is very noisy then I'd start with a different assumption.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FBGSU02
i have an 00 WS6 and for some reason my car isnt getting oil to the top, it dosent smoke no bottom end noise nothing runs great, some say its o ring or oil pump to even cracked block but un usual on stock motor. if you have any idea let me know thanks frankie
When I brought my car in because it was ticking (this was before I knew that all LS1's tick) they said that the o-ring on the oil pickup tube was not seated propely and that it was not pumping oil to the valvetrain. BS excuse to get me out of there. They did change it but it still ticked. How do you know your not getting oil to the top of your engine? If its because you hear a ticking, get used to it or get a louder exhaust.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

well i took the valve covers off and hooked the car back up and cranked it and there was no oil being shot up even when reved. oil level was fine and pressure on the gauge is normal but still no oil in vc's

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: oil not getting to top of motor