Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fired Up The Beast!

Old 04-28-2005, 12:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fired Up The Beast!

lol.. f14 232/234, no tune whatsoever, and a A4..

well i fired it up and for the first few seconds the valvetrain was noisy, got quieter and quieter as she warmed up tho.... by the time it was a 210, it was hardly really noticable, the "sowing machine" sound is what im talking about, heard so many ppl complain about it.. i couldn't hear it inside the car, and prolly not period if the hood is down..

well how do i fix this idle lol.. mail order is off a week or so still... so until i get my tune, i just want it to idle steady so i can listen for any problems.. and i really dont like keeping my foot in it to hold 1000rpms so it wont cut off.. as soon as i let off the check engine light will flash, drop to about 600rpms, and then cut off.. as it warmed up the engine light went away, and it did a lil better, but its undrivable period without being able to maintain any kind of a idle what so ever..

dunno what kind of lope it will have, 600 sounds like a dragster before it dies, and 1000-1100 sounds like it has a cam, but i couldn't get my foot to hold 850-900rpms... and i wanted to cycle the springs without having to keep starting it over and over ect, so i just kept her at 1000ish.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

drill a small hole in the TB or adjust the TB set screw.
Congrats on getting her running.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:13 AM
11 Second Club

well damn, like i said i turned the tb screw a lil before i started it up.. about 1 full 360 degree turn.... no dice lol, i will prolly just set that back to normal and drill on the hole until it starts to idle.. no reason i shouldn't be able to get it somewhat stable, even if that means having it idle at 1000rpms, as long as im not having to give it gas, and it will hold 1000, i dont mind.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

don't drill it to big. 800 rpm idle should hold. If you go to big it will set a check engine light I take out the set screw and turn it upside down. Then you can adjust it on the car.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:26 AM
11 Second Club

ah no ****, that is the best advice anyone has ever given me lol.. thanks a million man.. ive never pulley anything off this car but the TB, and done the headers.. and it took me about 3 days and 25 hrs for this cam swap, took 10 hrs today to put everything back together after the rockers and everything else was on lol.. true i was in here every 5 minutes trying to stop bleeding fingers, knuckles ect, or reading and asking questions..

but i just gotta say, i couldn't have done any of it without the guys on ls1tech, or ls1howto.coms install guide!
Old 04-28-2005, 12:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Where did your post go about the missing lock? Still wondering how you got your springs so fast. I'm still waiting on mine.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:34 AM
11 Second Club

hmm.. i deleted it, becuase they put it in the wrong bag was all, a extra lock, a god delivered lock, was found in the bag of the lil seal things, the things u gotta tap on to the valve, u guys know what im talking about.. well it was actually kinda stuck up inside one of those in that bag.. lmao, it was sent from god.

i got my springs so fast, cuz i ordered from byunspeed.com... ordered mnday morning, got here wednesday morning...

Search this Thread