Sponsored by:

Hpe Cams

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpe Cams

Any one heard of the gains frem either of Horsepower Engineerings cams
S-Cam-238/242, .608/612 on a 115 LSA or the R-Cam-234/244, .600/612 on a 115 LSA
Old 05-01-2005, 08:48 PM
10 Second Club

I know a guy who puts down like 432 r.w.h.p. cam only with the S cam, he's not the only one, the S cam generally makes this power in these LS1/LS6 engines.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

holy **** what kind of driveability issues would come up with a cam that large i know the 115 lsa has to help some
Old 05-01-2005, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

you think i would need to go with a 90mm intake/throttle t/b with that cuz if i do its out of the picture?
Old 05-01-2005, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99blkt/a
holy **** what kind of driveability issues would come up with a cam that large i know the 115 lsa has to help some
We put the S cam's in customers daily drivers almost every day. And I haven't had one person come back and say they didn't like the driveability. Properly tuned (send me the computer and I'll do it for you), these things drive and idle just fine. Obviously a lopey idle, but a stable one. And you really don't need a Fast 90/90 for this setup. They still make great power through an LS6. But if it's in the budget, I've never seen a Fast intake/tb combo hurt Lots of other little things you can do too along with the cam that'll help! Our Big Box of Goodies package comes with everything you need (including the cam) to get the max power out of your car w/ the stock shortblock! Call us if you have any questions, and we'll be happy to help you out.

Chuck
Old 05-02-2005, 06:31 AM
On The Tree

thanks chuck i live in houston so i was figuring id have yall just do the whole thing for me, how much would the install and the tune be i am on a budget so the 90/90 is out for right now thanks for all the help
Old 05-02-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99blkt/a
thanks chuck i live in houston so i was figuring id have yall just do the whole thing for me, how much would the install and the tune be i am on a budget so the 90/90 is out for right now thanks for all the help
It'll be 1750 installed and tuned.

Chuck
Old 05-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Chuck@HPE
We put the S cam's in customers daily drivers almost every day. And I haven't had one person come back and say they didn't like the driveability. Properly tuned (send me the computer and I'll do it for you), these things drive and idle just fine. Obviously a lopey idle, but a stable one. And you really don't need a Fast 90/90 for this setup. They still make great power through an LS6. But if it's in the budget, I've never seen a Fast intake/tb combo hurt Lots of other little things you can do too along with the cam that'll help! Our Big Box of Goodies package comes with everything you need (including the cam) to get the max power out of your car w/ the stock shortblock! Call us if you have any questions, and we'll be happy to help you out.

Chuck
i see the "big box of goodies" in the corvette section also. is that the correct pricing for that? i was wondering because i figured it would be a lil more with the C5 headers costing more. if that is the correct price on your website then im down for the " box"
-jonathan
Old 05-02-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chuck@HPE

Chuck
Have you put this cam in any A4's? If so, how much harder is to get good driveability out of it?
Old 05-02-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Raped-Ape
i see the "big box of goodies" in the corvette section also. is that the correct pricing for that? i was wondering because i figured it would be a lil more with the C5 headers costing more. if that is the correct price on your website then im down for the " box"
-jonathan
I believe it's 3600 for the C5's.. The price on the website got mixed with the one for the F-bodies... Call us and we'll get you all the details. 281-448-1300.

Originally Posted by bull99ls1
Have you put this cam in any A4's? If so, how much harder is to get good driveability out of it?
Oh yes, lots of A4's. 3200 stall and above would be best. No driveability issues whatsover. In fact they drive real nice in auto cars I've driven many of them. They pull hard up top!

Chuck